Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Jonathan Neville
I recently had several long email exchanges with Jonathan Neville regarding Book of Mormon geography. Jonathan is the author of two books that I admire greatly: Letter VII and The Lost City of Zarahemla. He had many useful critiques on the Book of Mormon Covenant Lands website regarding both the logical model and the "master" map of section 1. He says he likes the general approach of the Entity Relationship table but does not at present agree with the "Zarahemla Centric" map. Both Jonathan and also Jeri have suggested the logical model presentation be improved so the scripture citations can be matched up to the entity definitions. Good idea. Encouragingly, Jonathan indicated a willingness to give he Logical Model a complete review in the September time-frame. I should have my updates to it completed by then and probably much sooner. Also because of the email exchange, I have reorganized and re-written much of the information on the logical model to focus more on:

1. How the methodology being proposed for Book of Mormon geography actually works.
  2. Improvements on the "Rules of Navigation" section. It is now split into two sections, 1) Interpretation Rules; and 2) Application rules. Each of these rules now has a better presentation with commentary and examples. Some rules have been dropped.
  3. Better explanation of what the Logical Model actually is and how it works.
  4. Added a section on the goal of seeking consensus via the Logical Model.
  5. Minor updates throughout that clarify various issues vis-a-vis the Logical Model.
  6. Currently working on a better presentation of the Entity Relationships, to indicate a one-on-one correspondence to the cited scriptures and the Rules employed for the Entity.
I appreciate so much the comments I have received!

- Jay

For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, 
until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.