Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entity Relationships moved to database for validation and analysis
Recently the Book of Mormon geographical "entity relationships" (see section 3.2 of http://theholyscriptures.info/BookOfMorm...nantLands/) have been converted from a simple list to database tables. This has allowed me to write programs that validate the information for consistency, verifying there are no conflicts. Additionally, the data was parsed to produce all potential logical relationships not actually stated in the Book of Mormon, and where missing, these logical relationships have been added as additional data points only implied by the Book of Mormon narrative. None of these should be overlooked. For example if the Book of Mormon says that A is north of B, we also know that B is south of A, by inference. Automating the process of identifying inferences has me helped better distinguish and and define sub entities. For example, Zarahemla is a Book of Mormon geographical entity and now the differences between the land of Zarahemla and the city of Zarahemla are more sharply defined.

With a total now of 743 entity relationships these kinds of tasks became just too complex to accurately perform manually. Thorough and accurate checking can now easily be repeated at any time to verify consistency when considering amendments. This is the 4th generation of the Zarahemla Centric entity relationships listings and each redo has expanded, refined, and improved the logical model definitions.

This database and scanning work is also in preparation for creating a Book of Mormon map analysis program that will take any Book of Mormon interpretation of geography and compare it to any map definition to validate, audit and report results. With this program tool, there will be no need for error-prone interpretations and error-prone maps.

For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, 
until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.